Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Ikea choir

This morning, on the way to church, both Kim and I thought we should maybe bring the camera, but neither mentioned it, and neither did.  When we got to church, saw someone in a bright yellow Ikea shirt. It isn't unusual to see someone in a brand-name shirt around here, as they make it through Goodwill (or others) to places like this for sale, and people pick a quality shirt with bright colors, and don't know/care what the words on it mean.  Passing the back of the church, I thought I saw another person with the same shirt, but decided I must have mistaken, and that it was just the same person passing from another direction.
So we get into church, and when its time for the choir to stand up and sing, there are TEN people in Ikea shirts, singing praises to Jesus! Anyway, choirs with uniforms aren't new, and sports teams with corporate sponsorship aren't news either, but this seemed like an interesting juxtaposition.
Since I didn't have my camera, for those that might not be sure what shirt I'm talking about, I found a pic online:

No comments: