Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Grandma stories II
It is amazing how memories will hit you. As I went through the stuff that was retrieved from Grandma's car, a couple things struck me. I found several pieces of plastic silverware neatly bound in a rubber band. It wasn't "Wendy's" brand, but the many years of keeping their silverware, before I'd ever heard of "reduce, reuse, recycle," came back to me. It wasn't environmentalism per se, just plain old organized economy. Speaking of organized, I looked through her vehicle log book as well, and saw the date and mileage of all fueling and services done since 2001, which was probably when she got the car. She noted how much she paid, how much gas went in, and where she got it. She didn't have a running calculation of her mileage.... I noticed she filled up the car the day before the accident, and had the oil changed less than two months earlier.
Labels:
Eulogy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment